Monday, March 30, 2009

What Rhymes with Orange?

Like the four basic food groups, my wardrobe generally consists of 4 basic colors - khaki, black, white and various shades of blue, from periwinkle to aqua. But, last week when I was shopping, a tangerine orange cardigan caught my eye - 3/4 sleeves, little white buttons - basic, but definitely not boring. Just what I needed to spice up my wardrobe a little bit. And it has! I can't believe how well it goes with so many other items I already own - a sheer striped scarf from vacation last year, under my white denim jacket for a pop of color, a blue print skirt to jazz it up a little bit. The bright orange color even helps brighten my mood on an overcast day. Fun, colorful, comfortable . . . and my new favorite thing!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Marti- I love looking at your suggestions! I am making this my go to site for gift suggestions (I would rather just buy the stuff for myself but...) Great Job!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog too! So many great ideas! My closet also consist of mostly black, khaki, white and some reds. I went out today to try and find something to spice up my wardrobe but came home with another black (although very cute) top....ugh!

Anonymous said...

Just thinking about fruity colors, how about something like, say, unpeachie?