Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cute, Comfortable, Hippie Shoes!

Photo courtesy of Zappos - Love them, too!

When I travel, I only pack two pairs of shoes - a pair of light hikers and a comfortable walking sandal.  So, with just two pairs of shoes for ten days, I am extremely picky.  The shoes have to earn their keep and be very, very versatile and very, very comfortable, and I like for them to have a bit of style, too.   While shopping this summer, I came across this pair of Dansko Sigrid sandals.  Perfect!  Yes, they were comfortable, even after walking hours and hours on cobblestone streets.  The adjustable buckle provided a bit more security and stability compared to a more common slide-style on the uneven streets.  Yes, they were versatile, I wore them with everything from khaki shorts during the day, to jeans and a cardigan for a casual family dinner, and even with a black dress and a bit of sparkle for a romantic dinner alone with B.  The black leather upper with natural wood tone outsole made it easy to dress them up or down.   And I think they are cute in a retro-hippie kind of way.  Even now at home, I still find them wearing them at least several times a week.  Expensive, just a bit - but cost per wear will be very, very low.

No comments: