Tuesday, September 27, 2011

All it takes is a little extra touch...


...to turn a single scoop of ice cream into a very special dessert.  I like ice cream as much as anyone, but I don't find the super-size Blizzards and triple scoop sundaes very satisfying.  It's just too much; too, too much.  But after being in Switzerland, I discovered the Swiss know how to make a single scoop of ice cream feel like a special dessert.  Please note in the picture above ~ just a single scoop of Pistachio ice cream, a bit of fruit garnish, in this case it's a slice of red apple and a slice of kiwi, with a single little cookie across the top.  The dish is set on top of a doily covered plate and served to you with a special ice cream spoon. Add a mint leaf and, voila!  Really very simple, but oh, so much more satisfying than an oversized fast foot concoction.  I'm going to try this one at home.  Easy & elegant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! So cute.

Anonymous said...

When you serve it at home, invite me! Poo