Monday, January 16, 2012

There goes my memories... down the drain!


But it's a good thing, really.  For the last few months I have been using this shower gel nearly every morning.  Nivea Free Time Cremedusche in Sternfrucht.  Having a little trouble reading the last couple of words?  That's German for "shower gel in starfruit.  And I have to say it has been one of the best souvenirs!  Late last summer, we spent about seven days in the charming little hotel in the foothills of the Swiss Alps.  Everything was perfect..the view...the hosts...the feather beds... the hot chocolate with breakfast...everything that is except the sliver of soap they left in the bathroom each day.  The first morning before breakfast, I made a quick trip around the corner to the Co-Op market to look for something different.  I recognized the Nivea brand, and relied on my rusty high school German to translate cremedusche to shower gel and bought it to use the rest of our vacation.  But when it came time to pack up, the bottle was still almost full and I just couldn't leave it behind, so I carefully packed it up into several plastic bags, put it in my checked bag, and every morning since I have been taken back to the little village of Switzerland in my morning shower.  What a delightful souvenir!

No comments: